Friday, December 16, 2005

Enjoy the Holidays with Healthy Eating!

The Christmas season is one of my favorite times of the year - as it is for many others. I love the excitement, the opportunity to give and focus on others, and I also love the socials, programs, parties and family gatherings.

As foods and parties seems to go together, it's time to think about healthy eating - which is really possible. I do have many wonderful recipes for healthy holiday eating - one of which I will share with you now.

GINGERBREAD

1/3 C. oil
2 eggs
2/3 C. honey
2/3 C. molasses
3 1/4 C. fresh ground soft wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbs. ground cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together and beat until smooth. Spoon into two medium lecithin/oiled loaf pans and bake at 350ยบ for approx. 35-40 minutes. Slice and serve with whipped cream, if desired. Makes 2 medium or 4 small loaves.

Take advantage of more great holiday recipes in my 31 Favorite Holiday Recipes booklet with my Special Holiday Offer here !
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?